Creative, resourceful, and driven digital marketing strategist, communicator adept at directing innovative strategies in Internet marketing and SEO; leader with strong entrepreneurial experience, proven technical expertise, solid education, and sharp business development acumen essential in driving the growth of any business
Review Trackers • Chicago, IL
Founder • 2012 – Present
Creation and management of a new B2B software, a service company that helps businesses monitor their online reviews. The product is currently in beta and is scheduled to launch in 2012.
Startup Weekend • Seattle, WA
Global Event Facilitator • 2009 – Present
Volunteer Global Facilitator for Startup Weekend and has been one of the local organizers for Chicago since 2009. Startup Weekend is a global network of passionate leaders and entrepreneurs on a mission to inspire, educate, and empower individuals, teams and communities.
Lakeshore Branding • Chicago, IL
Principal • 2007 – Present
Directs integrated SEO and Internet marketing strategies, from inception to implementation, to secure long-term revenue opportunities for the company and its clients; applies best practices in SEO, with a strong focus on natural search, link building, and on-page optimization, to boost the performance of online marketing campaigns; manages key account relationships and works directly with clients to match all project deliverables, while leading the company’s strategic structuring and business development efforts to land new clients.
- Leveraged expertise in natural search and digital marketing to drive multiple clients’ 100 percent year-over-year (YOY) growth
- Managed projects in Internet marketing, SEO, social media marketing, and website development, working closely with clients and personnel to maintain these projects’ continuous alignment with strategic business objectives
- Recruited, trained, and retained staff overseas, establishing key outsourcing relations with clients and contractors in multiple time zones around the world (with extensive experience in the Philippines)
- Attended key industry conferences and seminars – including the Startup Organizers (SO) Summit, SES Conference, Affiliate Summit Marketing Conference, Big Omaha – to improve the Lakeshore Branding product and service experience, and to cultivate relationships with industry stakeholders
- Clients and accounts managed include: Nissan, Pep Boys, The Chicago Bears, University of Chicago and the United Nations.
Be Found Online • Chicago, IL
Strategist • 2011 – 2012
Responsible for client satisfaction, developing strategy, account management and implementing recommendations for on and off page optimization for several Fortune 500 clients in retail, travel, manufacturing, e-commerce and web based applications. Projects vary from link building, site migrations, local SEO, e-commerce, SEO audits to ROI performance improvements. Started link building division and accelerated growth of reputation management team. Developed internal training programs and operational guidelines to improve team output and for on-boarding of new employees.
Chris Campbell Consulting • Chicago, IL
Marketing Consultant • 2004 – 2008
Served as a marketing consultant for several agencies and companies; developed integrated strategies for digital campaigns, public relations, and marketing projects to enhance brand awareness and perception, generate greater media exposure and search visibility, and secure engagement and revenue opportunities for clients.
- Clients and accounts managed include: Dell, Goretex, Jamba Juice, Chegg.com, and Cartridge World
- Orchestrated marketing campaigns for Dell in an assigned market over a 2-year period and increased Dell computer sales by 65 percent
- Organized and managed publicity opportunities (through media relations, trade shows, special projects and events) for Goretex during its national tour and $1-million experiential marketing campaign
- Developed and implemented the viral growth strategy for Chegg.com, including its introduction to the Midwest marketplace and a university launch campaign that brought in 5,000 new users in less than 30 days
- Directed regional marketing campaigns over a 2-year period for Cartridge World franchisees in Chicago
- DePaul University, Bachelor of Arts in Communication and Marketing
- Dean’s List Student
- Recipient of the 2009 DePaul Outstanding Entrepreneur of the Year
- DePaul Kellstad Graduate School Certificate Programs in Social Media, Paid Search Marketing, Internet Marketing, Public Relations, Word of Mouth Marketing and Search Engine Optimization.
- Startup Weekend Global Facilitator
- Coleman Entrepreneurship Center at DePaul University, E-Merge Board Member
- Illinois Institute of Entrepreneurship Education, Emcee, Speaker, and Volunteer
- Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE), Program Supporter and Volunteer
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- SEO (Local SEO, link building, on-page optimization, online lead generation, competitive intelligence, analytics, conversion optimization)
- PPC (bid management, copy creation, ad planning, media buying, landing page optimization)
- Outsourcing (hiring, training, retention)
- Reputation Management (suppression of information in SERP’s)
- Affiliate Marketing
- Social Media (strategy)
- Email marketing (A/B testing, list segmentation, analytics)
References available upon request.