Creative, resourceful, and driven digital marketing strategist, communicator adept at directing innovative strategies in Internet marketing and SEO; leader with strong entrepreneurial experience, proven technical expertise, solid education, and sharp business development acumen essential in driving the growth of any business
ReviewTrackers • Chicago, IL
CEO • 2012 – Present
Founded ReviewTrackers, an online review management tool for multi-location businesses. ReviewTrackers is powered by proprietary data collection technology, designed to make it easier for business owners to monitor, analyze, respond to, and generate online reviews on sites like TripAdvisor, Google+, and Foursquare.
As CEO, sets overall company strategy, vision, goals, leads product development and marketing.
Startup Weekend • Seattle, WA
Global Event Facilitator • 2009 – 2014
Several times a year I volunteered my weekend flying around to various startup communities around the world to help ignite and build the local startup ecosystem. Assisting local organizers by emcee’ing the event and making sure everything goes swimmingly. Basically, I get to meet and hang out with the coolest people in the world – entrepreneurs.
Startup Weekend is a global network of passionate leaders and entrepreneurs on a mission to inspire, educate, and empower individuals, teams and communities.
Lakeshore Branding • Chicago, IL
Principal • 2007 – Present
Built a marketing agency from scratch. In addition to finding most our clients, building systems to scale and hiring employees, I was responsible for our clients digital marketing strategies, from inception to implementation.
My digital chops have a strong focus on natural search, link building, and on-page optimization. My expertise extends into many areas with experience in digital marketing experience. Such as email, paid search, display, a/b testing, retargeting, local, social, reputation management and analytics.
Managed key account relationships and worked directly with clients to match all project deliverables, while leading the company’s strategic structuring and business development efforts to land new clients.
Privileged to work with awesome clients like the United Nations, GoHealth & University of Chicago.
Be Found Online • Chicago, IL
Strategist • 2011 – 2012
Responsible for client satisfaction, developing strategy, account management for key clients. Working with startups to Fortune 500 companies in retail, travel, manufacturing, e-commerce and web based applications. Projects varied from link building, local SEO, e-commerce, SEO audits to ROI performance improvements. Hired, created systems and managed 10+ people off shore. Managed six figure budget for my projects for clients with multi-million dollar annual budgets.
I got to work with great clients like PepBoys, Nissan, Atlantis, Fisher Nuts & DePaul University.
Chris Campbell Consulting • Chicago, IL
Marketing Consultant • 2004 – 2008
Served as a marketing consultant for several agencies and companies; developed integrated strategies for digital campaigns, public relations, and marketing projects to enhance brand awareness and perception, generate greater media exposure and search visibility, and secure engagement and revenue opportunities for clients.
- Clients and accounts managed include: Dell, Goretex, Jamba Juice, Chegg.com, and Cartridge World
- Orchestrated marketing campaigns for Dell in an assigned market over a two-year period and increased Dell computer sales by 65 percent
- Organized and managed publicity opportunities (through media relations, trade shows, special projects and events) for Goretex during its national tour and $1-million experiential marketing campaign
- Developed and implemented the viral growth strategy for Chegg.com, including its introduction to the Midwest marketplace and a university launch campaign that brought in 5,000 new users in less than 30 days
- Directed regional marketing campaigns over a two-year period for Cartridge World franchisees in Chicago
- DePaul University, Bachelor of Arts in Communication and Marketing
- Dean’s List Student
- Recipient of the 2009 DePaul Outstanding Entrepreneur of the Year
- DePaul Kellstad Graduate School Certificate Programs in Social Media, Paid Search Marketing, Internet Marketing, Public Relations, Word of Mouth Marketing and Search Engine Optimization.
- Startup Weekend Global Facilitator
- Coleman Entrepreneurship Center at DePaul University, E-Merge Board Member
- Illinois Institute of Entrepreneurship Education, Emcee, Speaker, and Volunteer
- Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE), Program Supporter and Volunteer
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- SEO (Local SEO, link building, on-page optimization, online lead generation, competitive intelligence, analytics, conversion optimization)
- Paid Search (bid management, copy creation, ad planning, media buying, landing page optimization, retargeting)
- Outsourcing (hiring, training, retention)
- Reputation Management
- Affiliate Marketing
- Social Media (strategy, customer feedback management)
- Email marketing (A/B testing, list segmentation, analytics)
- Customer Experience Management (feedback, surveys, user generated content)
References available upon request.